Floor Manager / Private Events Coordinator APPLY NOW
The Floor Manager / Private Events Coordinator is responsible for both floor management of our Gowanus and Greenpoint locations and also assisting in the life cycle of private events and suite of corporate services offered by Threes Brewing, at our properties, offsite, and virtually. The core goal is to assist in the growth of department revenue and foster excellent hospitality through private events. They are a member of the management team and report to the Director of Private Events & Corporate Services.
- Responsible for overseeing all front-of-house operations in the bars during opening, mid, and closing shifts.
- Support the Gowanus & Greenpoint General Managers in their mission to make sure the space and the staff have everything needed for daily success.
- Being present on the floor, executing private and public events, reinforcing proper practices, and making sure staff has the necessary support to meet their responsibilities is a large part of this job, as is making sure customers receive great service through menu, product, and event education, staff accessibility, and general hospitality.
- Oversee staff arrival and set up of bar and floor for service
- Set atmosphere in space: update signage and other promotional materials, select music, adjust volume and lighting throughout shift to ensure optimal vibe for our guests
- Manage service by being present on the floor, informing and assisting clientele, making sure procedures and protocols are being followed, and aiding staff in the execution of their duties. Observe employees to ensure the safe service of alcohol, and customers to ensure the safety of all around them
- Enforce sanitary practices for Department of Health requirements and general cleanliness
- Maintain awareness and expertise regarding Threes beers, and all other beverage carried in-house
- Provide professional and elevated hospitality in every point of communication with clients.
- Manage an event-day team of service members during events to deliver on client expectations and provide support to event staff.
- Contribute feedback through detailed notes to improve the event experience as well as maintain seamless accounting and record-keeping systems.
- Assist General Manager and Private Events Director with administrative duties, special projects and facilities issues as needed
- Confirm event details with clients in a timely manner to ensure proper planning leading up to an event.
- Coordinate all necessary assets for events such as BEOs, server sheets, menus, signs, and other printed materials.
- Attend events to manage set up, execution, payment, and breakdown of events.
- Ensure event staff have proper training and guidance to deliver excellent service to guests and effectively represent Threes Brewing.
- Supervise event-focused service staff as they attend to all guest needs during events.
- Prepare materials, space, and staff for private event execution; supervise event-focused staff
- Ensure the events execution team has the tools and information necessary to fulfill commitments to clients (prep documents, instructions, etc.).
Location & Hours
- Generally based in Gowanus, Brooklyn, but can work from other Threes Brewing locations as needed
- Full time business hours including evenings and weekends
- 2+ years experience in a food and beverage establishment
- Ability to multitask, while remaining calm under pressure
- Commitment to outgoing, friendly customer service
- Willing and able to learn new systems, programs, procedures
- NYC Food Protection certification preferred
- Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and relationship-building acumen
- A can-do, team player attitude, no task is too big or too small
- A meticulously organized work style with outstanding time management and communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including working with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and Tripleseat